Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July fun

Every year, David's parents have a 4th of July bbq.  It's been a tradition of theirs forever because from their front lawn, you have a perfect view of the U of R fireworks.  So, this is where we spend our 4th of July just about every year....I think we've missed one year since we've been together.  It is always a good time, but this year, I definitely had my hands full with Samantha and Caleb. I'm not normally one of those moms who dress their kids up according to the holiday, but this year, I decided  to get both  of my babies into the 4th of July spirit. (I think I may end  up being one of those moms though, I kinda liked it)


David even drew a flag to have Samantha paint.  I think she did an amazing job! And Caleb thought so too!


This was officially Caleb's last first holiday!  How sad huh?  My baby is growing way to fast!


Samantha wouldn't go outside at all  after dinner because she was afraid of the fireworks (Even though I kept telling her they wouldn't start until after dark and it was only 6:30), but she was having fun.



Here she is waiting for the firework show to start...she loved them, as long as she d idn't hear them


And we actually got a decent family picture!!


Overall, it was a good day.






No comments:

Post a Comment