Thursday, July 28, 2011

How much can a toddler remember?? Seriously, I wanna know.

I know I have said it before,  but Samantha's memory completely amazes me.  I don't know much about the memory of toddlers, but it just blows my mind how much she remembers.  I think I should ask around to see how much other kids remember because I don't know if this is normal or not....and if  it is normal, it would still completely impress me that 3 year old could remember this much.  Anyway,  I have story after story about what Samantha remembers and here is one of those stories....



Sammie and I were in her room the other day "cleaning."  See, I was cleaning, but she was just throwing toys about.  Anyway, she found this ball....


She was really excited and said, "Mommy, can you find my green toy so I can show Caleb how to play."  I asked her what she was talking about and she began to explain to me that she had a green toy that she put these balls in and it lit up and played music.  I again asked what she was talking about
(I knew, I just wanted to see how much she remembered) and she said that it was a green dragon that she played with when she was a baby....





I couldn't tell you when we put this toy away, but I do know that it was long before we moved  into our house, which was over a year ago.   I want to say it was before she  turned 2 (I should just ask Sammie, she probably remembers!).  Seriously, that is more than a year and a half ago...almost half her life ago!

Obviously, we got the toy out and she did what she said she was going to do and taught Caleb how to play!


"You put it right here, Caleb"


"Good job Papa" (Yeah, she calls him Papa)



I think what amazes me most is how detailed her memories are.
So tell me, is this typical?

Hmmm....I think I should start a "Memory of the week" blog

1 comment:

  1. hahah I love the idea of a memory of the week blog. And she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete