Friday, July 15, 2011

Flashback Friday!

Hmmm....today I think I am going to take it back to when we got our house.  I couldn't tell you how many houses we looked at, it's all such a blur now.  But, I can tell you when we saw this house, I just had a feeling.  It didn't have everything we were looking for, but I loved it.  And when  I  saw the big  ol' yard,  I was pretty much sold. 

It was Memorial Day weekend 2010 when we moved in. I was soooo pregnant, so I wasn't too much help, although, I did most of the packing and a lot of unpacking. Thankfully, we had lots of people who helped us out.  Our friends, Steve and Debbie watched Sammie for us many times so we could pack and move.  David's dad, Uncle Dave, cousin Tim and our friend Dennis helped soooo much with the actual move.  And of course, David's mom was there to help finish up the packing and she pretty much cleaned our whole apartment to ensure that we got our deposit back. 


Our last day at our old apartment....We had to borrow a spoon from our neighbor to eat lunch. :)


Sammie was a big helper when it came to cleaning...I think she is the reason we got our deposit back. :)

My last preggo picture in our apartment


Daddy and Sammie in our new house




Our yard



It was a little bittersweet the day we moved.  I mean, the apartment was our first home; It was Sammie's only home.  We had wonderful neighbors and Sammie had so many friends.  We just had to walk outside and there was always somebody there for her to play with.  I must admit, I was a bit sad that day, but so excited for this new chapter in our life.  It's been just a little over a year now, and  we have already made so many memories in this house.  We always said that this was going to  be our first home and we would eventually buy something bigger, but for now, I am enjoying every moment and thanking God for all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment