Monday, July 25, 2011

First words

So, I am very excited  to say that Caleb has begun saying words.  He actually started a few weeks ago, but, I couldn't be positive that he actual said these words on purpose.  I don't like to give my kids credit, unless I know for sure. :)  Like Dadadadadada does not mean dad all the time; likewise mamama  does not mean mom, as much as I want it to.   


Anyway, "Dad" was Caleb's first word.   I've seen him say it every once in a while when David has been around and also when he has seen pictures, but I knew for sure when David walked outside and Caleb went up to the sliding glass door and started pounding on it and yelling "dadada!"


His second word was "More".  As is "More food."  Yeah, I pretty much figured this would be one of his first words.  He is always wanting more food.  And although it's his  second word, it is definitely his favorite! 

And word number 3, would be "ball."  Ok, it sounds more like "da," but it is definitely ball.  We were walking through Wal-mart the other day and he pointed to the balls and yelled "DA."  Naturally, I bought him the ball....how could I not??  It was a proud mommy moment.  And since then, we have heard "da" many times when he goes to get a ball.

So, yes, I am very excited that Caleb has started saying words...I am not so excited that not one of those words is "mom."  Really??   I have a feeling he is going to be just l ike his sister and "Mom" will not be in his vocabulary until 13 or 14 months.  Oh well, I suppose it will be all the more special when he finally does say it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment