Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Caleb's 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Caleb's first birthday on Saturday with a bunch of friends and family.  Parties are always so much work, so I must say, Thank God for grandparents!  David's parents came by Friday night to drop off all the tables and chairs they were loaning us.  And they brought us ice on Saturday.  It seems like nothing, but just this little gesture of kindness saved us so much time!  My dad rented a water slide for all the kids and they had a great time.  And my mom, of course, cooked the food for the party.  Sadly, she had to work, so she couldn't be at the party, but her cooking is very much appreciated.  And she was able to see Caleb today, on his actual birthday, so it worked out. 


So anyway, the party was a lot of fun.  We had lots of stuff for the kids to do...water slide, chalk, water table, swings.  It looked like they had a good time.





 And of course, most importantly, Caleb had a great time. 
He woke up from  his  nap a little grumpy


But eventually cheered up


We had lots of guests,
Some more memorable than others...








David and I decided we would make Caleb's birthday cake.  I thought of decorating it to make it look beachy.  And I was so excited when I saw the Phineas and Ferb figures.  I made the c ake, but I left the decorating to David.



Caleb had no clue what was going on...



He did like the singing though

 And Sammie did a great job singing to him

All in all, it was a great day.  Thanks to all who came!
David and  I are so blessed to have such a beautiful little boy! He brings a smile to our face everyday and we fall in love with him more and more everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment