Saturday, April 16, 2011

And we have a stander...


Caleb had been trying for a few weeks to stand and I thought it was so cute...you know, that he thought he could stand so early.  I mean Sammie stood at 9 months and that was pretty early, I thought.  Well, there were a couple times where Caleb climbed on me or David and pushed himself up to stand and a few times where, just sitting in the middle of the floor, he would get about half way up.   I happened to have my camera the first time he did that...
but I still thought, no way will he stand before he's 8 months old!  And then it happened.  I set him down in the nursery at church, 6 days before he turned 8 months old, and he looked at me and stood right on up.  Of course, it was only for a few seconds.  I couldn't get him to do it again that day, but Monday morning, he was non stop...stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down.  He is up to about 30 seconds of standing before he falls now.  Oh man, I do not think I am ready for another walker in the house...

I got him right before he fell

He is so proud of himself

While this new milestone is very exciting, all the falls and bumps and bruises are not fun.  He has to  fall between 10 and 20 times a day. My tough little guy, just gets right back up...and falls again. :)  Ahhh...I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment