Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Happy Mother's Day

When I was younger, I would ask my mom what she wanted for Mother's Day and she always said something like, "I just want you guys to get along." Or "I don't want anything, just you guys to be happy." At the time I thought she was crazy.  Who doesn't want anything?!  Well, I have found myself turning into my mom.  When Sammie  asked what I wanted, I replied, "I just want you to be happy."  And it was the truth...I didn't want anything, but to see my children happy.  I mean, don't  get me wrong, it is always nice to get a gift, but really, I didn't want them to get me a thing.  I just wanted to see my family happy, and happy is what they were!

Aside from being sick and wanting nothing more than to sleep the day away, my day was pretty good....You know, once I got some drugs in me. :)  It started off with David getting up with the kids so I could actually sleep in.  And then of course, he made me breakfast and Sammie gave me my gift.   After church, we had our families over for an early Mother's Day dinner.   David BBQed tri-tip and chicken...sooo good!


I am so blessed to have such amazing children.  To say that I adore them would be an understatement...they are my world and bring so much joy into my life.  I feel so honored and priviledged to be called their mommy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment