Monday, March 14, 2011

Our girl turned 3!!

It always amazes me how fast time flies now that we have kids.  Yesterday, our sweet Samantha turned 3 years old.  How in the world did that happen so fast?!?  My baby girl is no longer a baby.  It is a little bitter sweet.  I love where she is in life now...smart, sweet, funny, but it makes me a little sad that she really isn't a baby anymore...she is a little girl with her own mind, her own ideas, her own personality, her own strengths, her own weaknesses. She wants to do everything by herself  and she is so curious about everything.  She is always learning and laughing.  Right now, her favorite question is "What does *insert new word here* mean?" She loves organizing everything.  At Gamestop the other day, she literally looked at all the games on the shelf and arranged them so all the same games were together. Sammie is definitely a  Mama's girl, but I can tell she is going towards becoming a Daddy's girl.  She gets so excited when I tell her he is coming home from work and the  first thing she asks me in the morning is "Where's my daddy?"  And of course, she loves her little brother like crazy. She is always making him laugh and loves to help take care of him.  She has brought so much joy into our  lives and I am so blessed to be able to call her my daughter.  Ahhh...I love that little girl!

We had a party for her on Saturday.  It turned out to be a really nice day, so I was very thankful for that.  For some reason, we always pick the coldest day of the week to throw her a party.  Sammie did really good, after having a little bit of trouble at the beginning.  She really isn't a crowd person, not really a people person all of the time, so I was a little worried.  But once she got comfortable, she had a blast!  She did sooooo good with the other kids!  I noticed she spent most of her time with the other little girls. I'm thinking she has reached the age where girls and boys start separating.  Don't worry all you moms of her little boy friends, she still loves them! :) Here are some pictures of the kids playing...



We had lots of people come out to the party.  Family, friends we see everyday, friends we haven't seen in years.  It was nice! And we had a jumper for the kids, along with bubbles, chalk, ride on toys and a sand table.  Of course my mom cooked and everyone loved it. I so appreciate having a mom who is happy to cook for all occassions. 

And here are some of the people who were there...

                                  
\

All in all, it was a good day!  Sammie had sooo much fun and Caleb did so good being passed around from person to person. :) I am so glad everyone made it out for our girl's special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment