Wednesday, October 5, 2011

San Diego birthday fun

It seems as though the older I get, the less I care about celebrating my birthdays, but it is always a nice excuse to get out  of town for a day or so.  This year, I thought it would be nice to take the kids to Sea World.   Sammie has had a thing for dolphins lately and Caleb is all about animals.

We got to  Sea World around noon and true to Sammie's nature, it took her a little while to warm up to everything.  Caleb, on the other hand, could not wait to get out of his stroller and run around.  Once the day got going, we had a  lot of fun. 

Samantha loved the rope climbing, penguins, dolphins, whale show, and of course, the best part of her day was the sea star ride, which was like the tea cups. 



Watching the  Shamu show

She HAD to have the penguin because they were her favorite

She climbed the  ropes like 4 times

I don't know how I got this picture.  They were spinning soooooo fast

Caleb loved the little toddler play area, the sea turtles and the whale show.  And all the attention he got from everyone....he actually gave the lady in front of us a hug.


He could have stayed here all day

He was really into the show


So excited!


 

The next day, we woke up and took a little walk.  It was  nice because the hotel was right on the bay, so we just had to walk outside our room.  After that, we  headed to  Balboa Park and did some more walking around.  It was such a nice day.




It was such a wonderful weekend with my family.  There is no other way I would have wanted to spend my birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment