Friday, January 27, 2012

Quote of the Year

This quote comes to you from Caleb!

We were getting ready to leave my mom's house today and I was telling the kids to tell Grandma bye bye.  Of course, I was mainly talking to Sammie, but out of nowhere, without delay, Caleb looks right at my mom and says
"Bye MaaMa."
That's right, my Bubs said his first 2 word sentence!! 
It was so out of the blue and so cute. 
It took us a second to realize what happened, but when we did, we started clapping and praising him and he was so excited!  I don't think he knew what was going on, but he knew he did a good job!  I haven't seen such a big smile on his face in a long time.
Samantha was an early talker, but I was never expecting Caleb to be.  Not because I didn't think he was capable, but because I know kids develop at their own pace and so I never wanted to assume all of my kids would be the same.  Anyway, so far though, it looks and sounds like Caleb is taking after his sister. 
Seriously, not even 18 months yet!
Not to worry, I am not expecting him to start talking in full on sentences now, nor am I expecting him to use two word sentences all of the time.  But I really am excited and so proud of my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment