Monday, November 28, 2011

Must be a boy thing



The older Caleb gets, the more and more interested he gets in certain things.  I have been looking forward to getting away from  princesses, dolls, and tea parties and getting into cars, balls,  and swords.  What I wasn't expecting, well, at least not at such a young age, was Caleb's love for video games.  He goes CRAZY when it comes to video games.  He will point to the controller and then to  the tv,  then hand me the remote so I can change  the tv over to video game mode.  Of course, I don't play video games and I am sure I could figure out how to set it all up, but I just tell him  no and that  he has to wait  for daddy.....If you want to see how big of a fit  my boy can throw, just tell him No to video games!  Oh my!  Now, this silly boy knows that Daddy plays, so everyday  when David walks in the door, Caleb stands up, starts running in circles,  claps, and points to  the XBox controllers.  It is hilarious!  And it is not enough to just give him a controller, you have to actually turn on the game. 

Oh and don't think that it is just at our house.  Caleb has found his cousin's XBox controller and has turned on his XBox and started "playing."  On Tuesdays, I drop the kids off at my parents while I work and then we wait  until their cousins  come home from school so they can play together.  Caleb has gotten so happy to see Bennie Rey because he  knows he'll turn on the XBox and start playing.  When Ben is not home, he will point to his bedroom door and then to the XBox.  When you ask him if he wants Ben, he just smiles and nods his head yes. 

I can only imagine what he is going to be like in a few years when he actually knows what he's doing!


A little Modern Warfare 3


Video games brings together boys of all ages


For the record, David does not play everyday and when he  does play (usually on the weekends) it is at night after the kids are asleep.  Caleb's obssession started after only seeing David play once or twice.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment